Wednesday, February 10, 2010

ramen soup

in the middle of february, cozy on the couch in my nashville, tennessee home, watching a documentary on some local musicians and my friend sitting next to me eating ramen soup.

gray, glooming, sleepy and 28 degrees outside.  it snowed a couple days ago and there is still some white powdered evidence on the ground.  it is 11am and I am still in my pajamas and holes have definitely made their home in my green boot slippers that fit loosely on my feet.

days like this make me think and get excited about summer and the life it gives by living in the sun under the blue skies and running on the green ground……but days like this also make me grateful for the rest and the sweetness of just being and enjoying winter’s melancholy mood……

days like this calls for ramen soup……


1 comment: